Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's All About Time...

Ahhh yes, we will begin teaching time to the hour this week. 
I haven't taught this in a while since we don't teach it to our kinders at my school because it is not in the CCSS to do so. 
So, I am gearing up to teach all about analog & digital clocks. 
Then, I will teach the parts of the clock and how the hands move. 
Finally, I will introduce telling time to the hour.
 Sounds fun!! 
Here is a cute little center that I plan on using & I thought you may be able to use it, too! 

Please leave me links, ideas, etc. to some telling time stuff that you have/will use. 
I need all the extra stuff I can get!! :)


1 comments:

Michelle said...

I have an interactive Morning Calendar Flipchart that I made a few years ago. I've adjusted it a little each year. It has a little bit of everything on it and the clock is one of the things. The first week or so I just introduce that this is a clock and what each hand is. Then gradually add more information each week. All my children know all the parts of a calendar, short and long version of the date, count by 1's, 5's and 10's, tally marks, tens and ones, and all about the analog and digital clock. It does take 20 or so minutes every morning, but that little bit of time on each skill sure makes lessons so much easier and fun when I teach it!!!

Post a Comment