Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 25, 2013

What do you think??

I need some advice...
I made these writing journals.
Here are some sample pages... (they would be 1/2 sheet when assembled...just like my math journals)




I love, love, love the idea of them writing in these journals everyday.
The problem is, WHEN?
I love that they give a prompt & get them to think about different things each day.
I just cannot figure out how to work them in!
I thought about center time, but I don't think that this will last the entire time. That leaves me with the problem of what to do when they finish the writing.
I also thought about during morning work. 
I just love that it gives them a little extra practice with writing in a fun sort of way.
I just don't know!!
Should I scrap the idea altogether???
Help!!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

I think they are super cute but I totally know what you mean. It's hard to find time for everything! Morning work seems like it would be a good time. Or if you did it in centers, you could just have other options for when they finished! I say go for it and see how it goes :)

Danielle
Carolina Teacher

ronnie said...

perhaps they could be "morning work", for early finishers, or maybe quiet time at the end of the day/Fridays. vhair61215@gmail.com

Post a Comment