Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 5, 2012

Kinder-Voters!! :)

Today was Election Day 2012 in my class. We have a workday tomorrow, so we held our classroom elections today.
 
First, we all had to register to vote. These little cuties have their voter ID cards all ready to go. I wish I had taken a close-up of these cards because they turned out SUPER cute!!
 
 
Next, we filled out our ballots & casted our votes. (Again, I wish I had taken a close up of the ballots because they were so cute!!)
 
We tallied the results & elected Obama by a vote of 10 to 5!
They really got into this! They were talking about who the best candidate was & why. It was really a great experience for them!



To top it off, we made our "I Voted" hats to let everyone know that we fulfilled our civic duty!

 
It was really fun to see them getting into these activities. They had definite ideas & reasons to vote for their candidate.
After the vote we talked about the fact that no matter who wins the election, whether it was your candidate or not, he will be the President of the United States & that in and of itself deserves our respect.
 
Now, they are all on the edge of their seats to see who really wins tomorrow! I can't wait to get them back on Wednesday to hear their reactions!  I just love it when they get excited about "stuff" they learn in school!
:)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment