Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 24, 2011

Assessments, Assessments, & More Assessments!!

This is that time of year when it is time to do the mid year assessments for math & literacy. Thankfully, I finished all the math assessments before the holiday break, so... I am banging out the literacy portion of the assessments. I have been pleased by the growth that my students have shown thus far, I am just kind of bummed because I know that when I had a full time assistant my students were a little farther ahead by this point of the year.  What am I going to do??
Well, I have slowed down and backed up with reading and writing. I have decided that I am going to slow down and teach them at their level/ ability. I have already begun to see improvements and I think that I will be able to speed back up in the next few weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment