Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Setting Goals

Today I had to decide on my goals for my Professional Development Plan. I immediately knew that one of those goals would deal directly with technology. The other is to reflect more & analyze ways to make my teaching better. I am planning on using this blog as a way to help me reach those goals.

Goal 1: Incorporate more technology into my lesson plans- Up to this point I have used my document camera, flip video, the internet, and my Breakthrough to Literacy software. I am going to continue using all of these, and throw in a little bit more. I am thinking that I can use more computer software, use the ipod for listening center activities, use Discovery Learning, Bookflix & Youtube to enhance themes and subject areas, and get my students using the First in Math program. I am hoping that I can incorporate these things into my lessons with as much ease as possible.

Goal 2: Reflecting & analyzing- I think that this goal is huge for me! This year I have been more dedicated to documenting what I am doing with each & every student everyday. I am horrible about writing things down, but this year I am making a conscious effort to get the notes down! Not only am I recording and reflecting on students, but I am also trying to reflect on lesson plans and what did/not work and why. I am really trying to figure out what the most effective lessons are and why.

Wish me luck! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment